Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Club des Cent Cols


Last week over a bottle of Cotes du Rhone I started logging my cols and mountain passes. Anyway, after an evening of browsing maps I found I'd done about 120 named passes and cols in SE France. So, I sent the info off to the Club des Cent Cols (100 Cols Club) and they sent me back a membership number, medal and certificate. I've done 114 in total including 5 over 2000m. I know it's a bit geeky but who cares. What I need to do now is do the remaing 20 in the Drome department so I'll have done the 100 in the Drome.

I was feeling quite pleased with myself then I looked at the list of over 6000 members and found a chap at the top of the list called Michel Verhaeghe - he's done 9100 cols and passes!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geeky if you like, but also a great way of meeting people, eg hikers in the mountains, to whom a bike over your shoulder is always a good conversation-opener.
Welcome to the Club!